Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Eye Heart My Wife




And I cooked some of her absolute most favorite food.  We typically
don't go out for dinner on Valentine's Day.  It stems from my having
to work that night for the past 30+ years.  I swore if I ever was off,
we'd spend the night at home, and I'd spend half the money and make
something twice as good.  Seared sea scallops with asparagus,
leeks, and fingerling potatoes enveloped in cream, dill, and lemon.




I did some sesame-crusted seared tuna, sliced and served with 
wasabi and soy to start.  Oh, and a scoop of Guacamole on the 
side.  The tuna could've been a little more rare, but it was super 
fresh and tender so no big deal. There's tuna leftover for my 
wife's lunch tomorrow, as well as scallops and the vegetable 
melange. Co-workers will be craning over to inquire.

3 comments:

  1. Trophy Wife is screaming at me for airline tickets to get there before they're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I commented on your layout in these pages? Hope so. If not, it's time I shared that I absolutely adore your very excellent choice of colors and fonts; a very tasty presentation appropriate to the content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my wife just looked over my shoulder and saw this post, and said: "yea, we can totally go and visit this guy."

    she LOVES sea scallops, and is mighty interested in the seared tuna as well.

    ReplyDelete